Bernina Chainsaw Boot
Being situated in the foothills of the Dolomite mountains provides Diemme with an ideal proving ground for their superb boots. But the Dolomites and Italian Alps are also heavily wooded and until quite recently managed by the Italian State Forestry Corps. So, not only are people enjoying these mountainous forest regions for pleasure, they work there too. So, in answer to many demands from Diemme fans wanting the same performance and quality in their forestry boots as their walking boots, the Bernina was born.
If there is a single theme running through everything Diemme makes it’s no compromise. And this can be seen throughout the Bernina boot. Leather is tough but very soft bovine suede, specified at 3mm thick. Cushioning around the ankle is padded calf leather whilst a full Sympatex® waterproof/breathable membrane keeps the foot dry in any conditions. Soling is an antistatic version of the classic Vibram Teton, widely used on our country boots but this time modified to allow the use of climbing irons and crampons. Safety wise the Bernina sports a steel toecap rated at 200J non-metallic penetration resistant midsole and aramid fibres providing chainsaw protection at Level 2 or 24m/s chainsaw speed. Bernina is approved to EN20345:2011 Safety Footwear standards with EN17249:2013 Chainsaw approval.
If you work with chainsaws either on the ground or half way up a tree and want the ultimate boot, we think you’ve found it.
- Approved to EN20345:2011 and EN17249:2013.
- 200J Steel Toecap.
- 1100N Penetration resistant, non-metallic midsole.
- Level 2 (24m/second) Chainsaw protection.
- Thick suede upper with scuff protecting rubber foxing.
- Sympatex® Waterproof/Breathable membrane.
- Antistatic Vibram® Teton outsole with impact absorbing phylon mid-ply.
- Super-strong lacing system featuring eyelets, webbing and sky hooks.
- Compatible with climbing irons and crampons.